Who can I adopt?
The animals available for adoption are:
Individual animals are not up for adoption as sometimes animals move home or are changed for breeding purposes.
How much will it cost me?
The cost for our full adoption pack is £20. Adoptions can be renewed for £15 (the renewal price only qualifies you for a basic adoption pack of certificate/newsletter/your name on the adoption board and adoption evening only)
What do I get?
The full adoption pack will include;
- An adoption pack containing animal fact pack, certificate, picture of your animal and a cuddly toy (or a peacock feather or bracelet made from our alpaca wool if adopting these two animals)
- Bi-annual newsletter which will be sent out in April and October.
- Celebration card from the chosen animal on the adopters birthday (or other special date)
- Special Adoption evening where you can chat with the keepers about the animal or bird you have adopted.
- Your name on our adoption board
What happens to my money?
The adoption money has so far been invested into ‘luxury’ items for the zoo – things we wouldn't normally be able to afford, such as shelter for the alpacas, Herdwick sheep, ornamental waterfowl, squirrel sheds as well as an incubator, rugs and harness for the donkeys, a set or ornamental entrance gates, our lovebird aviary, feed troughs and veterinary scales.
The list could go on - you can see how much we rely on your continued help and generosity.
This scheme is for individuals. Group adoptions are available – please contact us for more details on email@example.com
Please click on the next 'available' day to book your year's adoption - i t will display a date and time. Please ignore these!
Bowling pitch hire evening (Bank park)